Chef Sanjeev Kapoor shows you how to make desserts minus the sugar. Enjoy the guilt-free indulgence...
Sugar-free Apricot Shrikhand
This is a combination of golden apricots and yoghurt generously garnished with pistachios.
Golden apricots - 15-20
Sugar-free - 6 tsp
Hung yoghurt - 2 cups
Pistachios, sliced 10-15
1. Slice the golden apricots. Take them in a pan, add one and half cups of water and half the Sugar-free and mix. Cook on low heat for fifteen to twenty minutes.
2. Take hung yoghurt in another bowl. Add the remaining Sugar-free and mix. Squeeze this mixture through a muslin cloth.
3. Put the shrikhand in a stemmed glass. Remove the stewed apricots from heat and put them on top of the shrikhand.
4. Garnish with pistachios and serve.
Sugar-free Kesari Phirni
Skimmed milk - 2 cups
Rice, soaked - 3 tbsp
Saffron - few strands
Pistachios - 3-4
Sugar free - 3 tsp
Green cardamom powder 1⁄4 teaspoon
1. Boil milk and set aside. Drain and grind the rice coarsely.
2. Soak saffron in one tablespoon of milk. Blanch pistachios, peel and cut into slivers.
3. Add the rice paste to the milk and cook stirring continuously so that there are no lumps.
4. Add Sugar-free and mix. Add green cardamom powder, saffron milk and mix. When the mixture starts thickening take it off the heat.
5. Pour into soaked kasoras.
6. Garnish with pistachio slivers and keep them in the refrigerator to chill.
7. Served chilled.
Source: Times of India