When someone says salad, what is the first word that comes to your mind? For most of us, it is not a very exciting concept. From being healthy, delicious, easy and quick to make, salads are a blessing. And, apart from being a filling lunch or dinner for most of us, they serve as a perfect accompaniment to our favourite meals. There are slight misconceptions about salads being ‘boring’ and not filling enough which is why most people follow it up with a full meal. But, if you are smart enough, you can easily make salads which are healthy and filling!
We have got you some interesting salad recipes here! Take a look!
- Paneer and Corn Salad: Two of your favourites in a SALAD, Unbelievable! You can never go wrong with paneer and this salad proves it. Sweet corn, cottage cheese, pickled gherkins and black olives make this salad colourful and healthy both. The dressing is even more interesting with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and chilli-vinegar sauce. Paneer has a substance called conjugated linoleic acid which helps in weight loss. Even more, when eaten raw this is why we have used raw paneer in this salad. So heath + taste + weight loss, what more could you ask for? https://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Paneer-And-Corn-Salad-Sanjeev-Kapoor-Kitchen-FoodFood.html
- Kale and Chicken Salad: Kale, rich in Vitamin K commonly called the “powerhouse of nutrients” is the trending superfood now. One of the misconceptions about salads is that they are not filling enough for one but this salad will break that myth for you. Creamy, crunchy and flavourful, this salad can easily ramp up your lunch. A super healthy and filling salad, loads of Kale, colourful veggies and chicken, this salad is a must-try. So here’s the recipe for you. https://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Kale-and-Chicken-Salad.html
- Classic Caesar Salad: World famous Caesar Salad comes from Mexico, and is eaten all over the world. Condiments like Lollorosso lettuce and Worcestershire sauce, difficult to pronounce but this salad is real easy to make. With the goodness of eggs, garlic, olive oil and more, this salad is a powerhouse of nutrients. One of the best parts about this salad is that it has some cheese in it too. Enough reasons for you to make this super simple salad at home? So here is the recipe for you. https://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Caesar%E2%80%99s-Salad.html. Also, if you want to know about the nutritional content, just scroll down to the recipe link.
- Tuna Salad with a twist: America’s invention, completed almost 100 years in the salad family. Tuna salad is a favourite to many people already and we have got an exclusive recipe for you to try. The classic Tuna Salad has Mayonnaise and Tuna in it for sure, but we have given it a slight twist by adding bread croutons to add a little crunchiness to it. Loads of olives, cherry tomatoes, fresh green lettuce and an interesting dressing, this salad is fantastically filling for you! https://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Tuna-Salad.html
- Cucumber and Moong Salad: With all these Firangi salads, we won’t miss out on our healthy desi salad. Blanched whole green gram and fresh cucumbers, the two main ingredients which are a powerhouse of protein and nutrients. Make it a little masaledaar with some authentic Indian spices like laal mirch, chaat masala and kaali mirch. You can add a dash of lemon juice to enhance the flavour to the most. Also, you can eat it daily or carry it in your tiffin for healthy snacking instead of eating junk from outside. So easy to make, healthy and tasty too. Here’s the recipe for you. https://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Cucumber-and-Moong-Salad-Turban-Tadka-FoodFood.html
- Four Beans Salad: Exciting salad with four different beans, Kidney beans, soya bean, French bean and whole green gram. So many health benefits, from anti-oxidative properties, nutrients and of course protein. Some red chilli sauce and mixed fruit jam to make it even more interesting. Top it with some fresh lettuce and your salad is ready! https://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Four-Bean-Salad.html
- Gado- Gado Salad: All the way from Indonesia, this Gado- Gado salad is one of the most popular salads from all over the world. Gado- Gado means mix-mix so this salad is all about mixing what’s in season. Cooked, steamed, blanched or boiled, you can use veggies, the way you like. It has an exclusive dressing of rich peanut sauce and topped with fresh shallots and red chillies. High in protein and fibre, super filling and delicious. Mix it up then! https://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/Recipe/Classic-Gado-Gado-KhaanaKhazana.html
Enough reasons and varieties for you to try these salads now! Go make some then and for more such interesting salad recipes, you can check out our website- www.sanjeevkapoor.com.